Tuesday, November 13, 2012

High Tea



Dasha Gerasimova, thanks to Russian Season Kid's Books

Having been a US resident for nine years, I always follow American politics 
with great interest, which often turns to concern. Now that the election is over, 
I can finally relax and celebrate with a proper Tea Party!

Eugen Osswald, Ball der Tiere (The Animals' Ball), 1917,


Richard Scarry, The Country Mouse and the City Mouse, 1961, thanks to julielion

John Burningham, thanks to A Polar Bear's Tale

Svetozar Ostrov, cover for Have you ever listened to the silence, hedgehog?
1987, written by the author of Hedgehog in the Fog Sergei Kozlov
(thanks to Mark Kats for the correction)

O. Zotor, Little Fly So Sprightly, 1977

Judith KerrThe Tiger Who Came for Tea, 1968


Omar RayyanTea Party








14 comments:

  1. A lovely collection of illustration! I love the title 'Little Fly So Sprightly' how bizarre is that?
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite, I think, is the monkey of "Der Ball der Tiere"… I hope you had nice guests for tea today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose the hedgehog was talking too much. Beautiful selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea and these illustrations are beautiful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. The name of the Hedgehog in the Fog's illustrator is not Sergei Island but Svetozar Ostrov (Светозар Остров). Ostrov means island in Russian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, ho scoperto il tuo blog cercando immagini di Richard Scarry =^^=, bellissima raccolta la tua! tornerò a trovarti.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All wonderful. I do love that last one :-)

    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely lovely collection of art works, brings up the child inside of us :)
    xx
    http://www.theothersideofwonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to everyone for your comments, and especially to Mark Kats
    for helping me with the names in cyrillic. In fact, Island doesn't sound
    very Russian... it was very silly of me to just rely on Google translator!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Might I humbly gatecrash this tea-party with my mice in tea apparatus illustrations? :)
    A Button House for a Button Mouse:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/61378488/a-button-house-for-a-button-mouse
    A Concertina Eggcup Song:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/61993008/the-concertina-eggcup-song
    (hmm, maybe an eggcup should be breakfast rather than high tea...)
    Always enjoy your wonderful finds here Laura, thank you.
    Best wishes
    Rima



    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks Rima, I'll remember them for our next party!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails