Friday, July 15, 2011

Simona & Simone


I've been wanting to take some photos of these beautiful volumes since I bought them 
at the Bologna Book Fair, but only now I've found the time to actually do it.
Last year I had already posted about Topipittori, one of my favorite Italian publishers
of illustrated children's books, and this time at the fair I had a chat with its founders,
Giovanna Zoboli and Paolo Canton. Turns out that Paolo and I knew each other
when we were teenagers! Anyway, I really love what they do, and was very happy
to get a copy of the wonderful Vorrei avere signed by the artist SImona Mulazzani...


GIovanna Zoboli's Vorrei avere (I wish I had) is an ode to the beauty and wonder of animals
sung through the poetic words of a child enamored with nature. Mulazzani's enchanting
 illustrations interpret every verse with great sensitivity and a richness of visual inventions.





Love the endpapers with the illustration sketches!

I have also previously featured the works of SImone Rea, one of Italy's brightest young illustrators. 
His elegant paintings illustrate this new translation of Aesop's Fables with warmth 
and a wonderful sense of color and composition






Coincidentally, I have already posted the equally sophisticated Aesop interpretation 
by Jean-François Martin which won the Bologna Ragazzi Award this year.
To each his own, I love them both!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! This is fun: I reviewed both books on my blog... apparently we share the same taste, of which I'm honored! C

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails